Share your life journey with 2 spiritual friends over 8 sessions
Meet with 2 other Christians, over 8 sessions, to share your life stories and journeys.
To develop friendships within the Christian community that encourage and challenge one another to love God with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength. Sharing your life journey is the first step in developing a spiritual friendship with someone else.
8 sessions, held once a fortnight or month.
1. Invite 2 Christian friends, preferably of the same gender, to form a group with you.
2. Have a meal at a place that provides sufficient quiet and privacy.
3. Take turns to listen and share your life stories over 1.5 to 2 hours.
4. Questions as you get going include:
a) I / we would enjoy hearing about your life. What stands out to you that you would feel comfortable sharing so that I / we might get to know you better?
b) How did you come to know the Lord?
c) What brings you joy or gives you life? What makes you sad or drains you these days?
d) What have you been discovering about God? Or find yourself asking or wondering?
5. The goal is to progress from cliche conversation, to sharing of information and facts, to sharing of ideas and opinions, then feelings and finally, achieving “peak conversation”.
6. Confidentiality is to be kept; advice giving is to be avoided unless invited; praying together is encouraged.
7. You may use the recommended material listed below for ideas on what to share about, on confidentiality, on praying together etc.
Mining the Journey (Chapter 1 from The Third Third of Life by Walter Wright)
3-2-1: Following Jesus in Threes by Tan Soo-Inn, available at local bookstores